How Can We Help?

Clarksville Car Accident Lawyers

Clarksville has its share of dangerous roads. According to statistics from the Clarksville Police Department, the top three most dangerous roads in town are Wilma Rudolph Blvd., Ft. Campbell Blvd., and Trenton Rd. These roads had almost 300 combined accidents between May 1 and June 30 of 2017.

If you were injured in an accident, the Clarksville car accident lawyers from the Hughes & Coleman Injury Lawyers team can help you recover the compensation you deserve. We are conveniently located at the corner of Riverside Drive and Jefferson Street. We offer a free, no-risk case evaluation with a member of our staff. If we decide to begin working together, our attorneys will start working on your case right away.

Call 800-800-4600 to get started.

Hughes & Coleman® Helps You Navigate Tennessee's Complicated Car Accident Laws

Each state’s car accident laws are unique in certain ways. Tennessee follows a comparative negligence law which states that each party will receive a portion of fault for the accident.

How You Can Collect Damages from the Other Driver Even if You Were Partly At Fault

In shared fault accidents, each driver may pursue the other for the share of their damages that corresponds with the other driver’s fault. For instance, imagine another driver rear-ended you, but since your brake lights were out, you receive 10 percent of the blame, and the other driver 90 percent. Your damages come to $10,000. You are eligible to recover $9,000, or 90 percent of your total damages, from the other driver.

Your Liability Could Bar You From Recovering Compensation

The law also holds that you cannot recover compensation if you are more than 49 percent at fault for the accident.

Let us return to the above scenario for a moment. Now suppose the other driver, the one who rear-ended you, convinces the police and judge that you slammed on your brakes in a fit of road rage. As a result, you receive 75 percent of the blame, and the other driver 25 percent.

Since your share of the fault exceeds 49 percent, you would not be able to pursue the other driver for any of your accident-related damages. Moreover, the other driver could come after you for 75 percent of their damages.

As you can see, the law is somewhat complex. An attorney from Hughes & Coleman Injury Lawyers will help you navigate it, protect your rights, and fight for the damages you deserve.

Call Hughes & Coleman® Injury Lawyers Before Talking to the Insurance Company

As many car accident victims can attest, the phone calls from the insurance company often start as soon as the day after the crash. Amid the pain and shock of the whole ordeal, do not be surprised if an insurance company representative reaches out right away, asking questions, wanting to discuss the accident, perhaps even putting a settlement offer on the table.

Do Not Accept a Settlement Without Running It by a Lawyer

Before you speak with the insurance company, you should sit down with a car accident lawyer to understand your rights and what you should and should not say to the insurer.

And you should never accept a settlement offer without having a lawyer look at it. These settlement offers are often much lower than you deserve. If you accept this settlement without determining the value of your claim, you might leave thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars on the table.

The Hughes & Coleman Injury Lawyers team can handle insurance company negotiations on your behalf and make sure you receive a fair settlement.

  • Control Starts With A Call


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Our Clarksville Car Accident Lawyers Fight for the Fair Compensation You Deserve

The Clarksville car accident attorneys at Hughes & Coleman Injury Lawyers want to make sure you collect the full amount you deserve for your accident injuries. That means receiving a settlement that includes money for each type of damage you have incurred, both economic and noneconomic.

While every car accident claim is different, many of our past clients in Clarksville have received settlements including the following damages and more:

Current and Future Medical Bills

Your medical bills include the money you have spent and that we anticipate you spending in the future on hospital stays, doctor appointments, surgeries, physical therapy, prescription drugs, and more.

Lost Wages

Your lost wages refers to the money you will be unable to earn during the time that you cannot work while recovering from your injury.

Reduced Earning Capacity

Your earning capacity is the amount of money you are physically and mentally capable of earning given your background, education, and experience. A severe injury can reduce your earning capacity by rendering you unable to perform certain jobs. If this happens, we go after the responsible party to compensate you for your drop in income.

Miscellaneous Expenses 

This can include anything from the money you pay to get to and from your doctor’s office to the costs of renovating your home or vehicle to accommodate you now that you are limited by your injuries.

Pain and Suffering

You are eligible to recover additional money as compensation for your pain and suffering. The severity of your injuries determines how much you can receive.

Punitive Damages

If the party who caused your crash was not merely negligent but was acting maliciously (such as lashing out in road rage) or was grossly negligent, you might be able to receive even more money in punitive damages. Judges award these damages to punish the wrongdoer and to deter others from acting similarly.

For a Free Consultation With a Member of Our Team, Call Hughes & Coleman® Injury Lawyers Today at 800-800-4600

At Hughes & Coleman Injury Lawyers, our injury attorneys fight for the rights of car accident victims in Clarksville. We want to help you recover the compensation you deserve. To schedule a free case evaluation with a member of our staff, call us today at 800-800-4600.

Cases likely to be referred.

Request My Free Consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.